I would like to welcome all pupils back to school. A special céad míle fáilte to the boys and girls in Junior Infants who are just starting school and to other pupils who have joined through the school. Welcome also to new teachers Ms. Cathy O Connor who is working in Learning Support/ Resource and Mr Stephen Hodnett who is teaching Fourth Class while Mrs Hanly is on maternity leave.
All families today received forms for Allianz Pupil Personal Insurance. There are two types: school day cover or all-year-round. This is entirely voluntary but has proven very popular with parents in the past. Should you decide to avail of this insurance, please hand monies to the School Office by Friday September 13th.
Please note the following:
* The school will be used as a polling station for the Referendum on Friday October 4th. There will be no classes on that day.
* Car parking is available in the Resource Centre and the church grounds, Please keep the bus parking, staff parking and disabled parking areas free.
* Parents new to the school are advised that entry to the school is via the front door only. All other doors are centrally locked during school hours. Your co-operation is appreciated
* All pupils line up in the yard each morning. Pupils do not enter school building before 9.15 a.m. unless it is raining. Children are supervised each morning from 9 a.m. Pupils arriving prior to 9 a.m. do so at their own risk.
* If you need to meet with any of the teaching staff, please contact the school to make an appointment. If you have concerns about your child, please arrange to meet the class teacher as the first step.
* Our Healthy Eating policy has been extremely successful. Thank you for your continued co-operation
* If your child is absent, please fill in an Absence note to be given to the class teacher on your child's return to school.
* Please ensure that the school has up to date contact details for phone, Text a Parent and e mail.
* Please check the school website www.ballybrownns.ie for relevant information.